Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Copic Markers and building up layers.

Hi again,

I won't have time to play this weekend as I'm going to visit my Dad in Glen Innes which is about a 7 hour drive. So I thought I would share another Copic card before I go. I've been playing and playing and just love them!!

In this card I kept building up the layers using the same marker, I found the B60 Pale Blue Grey to be a great background colour to give depth. If you can enlarge the picture you should be able to see how I shaded it darker at the bottom, I kept going over it ensuring that I had scrap paper underneath to blot the ink, so it wouldn't spread out on my image. I found this marker to be great as I could easily go over the roses without them changing colour. I completely coloured the sitting bench with E37 and created a distress worn look by lightly applying the colourless blender in the highlighted areas, let it dry and it will fade it for you, fantastic!
Another thing, I find it very helpful to look at real life pictures in magazines to see where the shades are and where shadows fall.
I promise I will have more in-depth pictures next time with steps, I'm just a bit rushed at the moment packing to go away.
Experiment with your Copics and have fun!





The stamp is an old PSX K-1792, the papers and clearly yours stickers are from K&Company serendipity collection.
Hopefully in Glen Innes I'll have time to stop at some of my favourite op shops, if I do I'm sure to share my goodies with you, in pics of course LOL.

Cheers
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jane, wish you could teach me how to use copic markers, I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Beautifull stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...