Thursday, March 2, 2017

An old stamping technique but a goodie! Chalking!




Hi there,
I thought I would get my old Decorative Chalks out today and have a play with them for my Card Two of the 30 Days Colouring Challenge. I'm loving the freedom I have at the moment with not worrying about using old products, or if they are hard to get, or if they're discontinued. I know it doesn't help you or the businesses out there but I am mixing them with new products, I will enjoy getting back to exploring new products and mediums very soon. PanPastels are a great alternative product to use, these are available in most art stores and in some scrapbooking and cardmaking shops, the colours in the range are absolutely gorgeous.




I'm not particularly excited about this card, I like it but I don't love it! It's has too many bright colours for my liking, but making cards isn't about what you like sometimes, it's about what your recipient likes! Plus, I'm experimenting, hence why I'm doing this 'Colouring Challenge'.






How I created this card: First I stamped my My Favourite Things Blissful Butterflies on smooth white card with VersaMark ink, I applied the chalks over the top in a circular motion. Once I was happy with the coverage I added more detail around the body using coloured pencils to give them more shape and depth. 










For the background I used Hero Arts striped patterns stamp with VersaMark ink and a range of colourful chalks. I cut a selection of Stampin' Up! Flourish Thinlits from vellum and an Avery Elle 'Celebrate' from purple card. 



Happy Stamping
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...