Friday, October 24, 2014

Faux Ceramics technique

Hi everyone, I thought I would share this card and this very easy technique with you today. 
I just love the look of shiny ceramics, so I decided to turn my paper moulds into them, well they look very much like ceramic pieces but without the weight!




Look how shiny they are!!


I used Fimo light air modelling clay, you can use any air dry paper clay you have in your stash. The silicone moulds I used are from Martha Stewart, they are just gorgeous, this set has a quilted heart and a larger flower in it as well. I also used Copic markers to colour them.



Step 1. First I pressed the paper clay into the mould and let them dry completely.



Step 2. Once they're dry colour them with your Copic markers, please be aware that this step may damage your markers as they may be contaminated by the paper clay, just keep checking them. I have a set of markers set aside that I use for rough stuff and also have replacements nibs on hand.


Step 3. Shade them as normally, they will still blend together nicely, if you don't like the colour just colour straight over the top again or bleed the colour out with the blender.


Step 4. Once you're happy with the shading you can coat the piece with a few layers of gloss varnish, let each application dry completely before doing another. 
You can use Glossy accents if you like for this step. 

These faux ceramic pieces are easy to attach to your cards, just glue them on, plus they won't weigh your card down and make it fall over!!

Off you go, create some today :-)

Happy creating, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...