Sunday, February 7, 2010

Delivery of doilies!





Hi everyone,

Why is it that you start to get creative at the end of the weekend? My eldest brother and his wife turned up for morning tea today and bought a bag of goodies for me - doilies! lots of them, stained, tattered and just gorgeous!!

I decided to use this doily as it had a slightly gathered effect. I had the frame lying around just waiting for the right project, it had a dried flower arrangement in it, so I turned it over to take that out and thought "Oh I like the back of the frame much better he he!' It's great don't you think? I used some vintage flowers I had, a beautiful photo of my Mother when she was 7 years of age and a pearl bracelet. I think I will give this to my brother who delivered my bag of goodies!!







Thanks for looking.

Jane

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation, Jane. Love what you have done with a simple doily.
    WendyH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jane, it would have taken me days to work out the final article & you do it in a few hours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just beautiful.... :-)

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, this is just beautiful. Love the old frame and the pearls around the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this flower cluster is adorable! i really love it! beautiful blog
    luv tanXx

    ReplyDelete

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...