Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Gifts to try!

Hi everyone

Yep...Christmas is just around the corner, YIKES!! how did that happen??! I am soooo not ready, looks like I'll be running around at the last minute in a state of frenzy once again!! Seriously though...I don't think I have EVER been this far behind, at least half of my family will be getting presents, but the rest.... well lets just say I had better buy lots of wine and lollies to make these gifts on Christmas eve he he.

This is a class I recently taught, you never know it may help you out as well for a last minute pressie.



The gift wine bottle is very easy to do. One handy hint is the have your bottle of wine/sauce/bubble bath in front of you so you can adjust the height and width.
I used cream card measuring 12x12in, scored vertically at 50mm intervals, measured 50mm down from the top and scored this horizontally, I cut triangles out of the top square sections then punch 1/4in holes in the tips. Scored 40mm up from the bottom then cut along the vertically folds for tabs, secured the tabs together to make a base (I also taped it to more cream card and cut around it(looks neater and adds more strength to the base). I decorate the bottom with 2in tree border from green paper using my Cricut machine and the Winter Frolic cartridge, the Santa is cut from K&Company Very Merry Santa paper (already has glitter on it) the wavy snow is hand cut from white paper, then I wrapped sheer ribbon and a punch strip of green paper. I threaded sheer ribbon through the holes that I had punched at the top, pulled them together and tied it in a bow, the tags are cut from the same cartridge as well.

I'm so happy! I have been playing with my Cricut Expressions machine a lot lately, it's been sitting there for over a year!!




The bag is very simple to do as well, it's just a 4 x 12in strip of cream card, folded with a folded 15mm tab at the top, a bag of lollies was inserted inside it then holes were punched through the top and ribbon tied through it. I decorated the bag with 4in trees cut using the same cartridge as the bottle gift and same papers and punch.


Well I hope that all made sense LOL. Please just ask if you need help.

Cheers and thank you for looking
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...