Monday, June 21, 2010

Cards I made for the Brisbane Papercraft Convention 2010

Hi everyone,

Well I've been very busy lately, but life should calm down a bit now and I'll be able to share more of my creations with you. Last weekend I was teaching at the Brisbane Papercraft Convention, what a thrill that was, to be asked in the first place and then to teach such lovely ladies!

I also got the chance to do two Studio Talks. One was 'Stamping on different mediums' such as fabric and acetate, I actually had to demonstrate this using one hand as the other was holding the microphone. I did very well I must say, no images were smudged he he!! The other technique was Masking and the last was different ways to jazz up your chipboard!

I thought I would share one of my cards each day for the next week or so, just to keep you inspired (hopefully!).

Masking has been around for many years and it's one of those stamping techniques that you forget about. But since there are new stamps and other items on the market I thought I would have a play again. I had so much fun, why don't you give it a try. You simply stamp your selected image on your card then again on scrap paper, cut out the scrap image inside the lines then attach this over your original one using re-positional tape. If you would like step by steps let me know and I'll post them for you.

In this card I used the little boy from October Afternoon Fly A Kite collection, made a mask for him then stamped Rubberdabbado A113WC Trees over the top, finally I applied an October Afternoon Fly A Kite rub-on over the top to finish!





Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow with another card!

Cheers
Jane

3 comments:

  1. this card is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. WOW at speaking at the Brissie papercraft convention - i bet you were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Jane! I'm so proud of your for presenting. I'm with Amanda! I bet you were AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amanda and Lori, I don't know about awesome but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Head on over to my new blog page!

Hi everyone, Thanks for following my journey on this domain but I now have a new blog site, so please follow the link below for another...